Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'm too young and beautiful to die!

This past weekend I went to Cincinnati to visit Bex. Lots of things happened, the most important of which is that Bex and I learned about The Rapture*. We were driving to Mass on Saturday night when we saw this billboard:




Well, shoot. We don't have a lot of time, do we? Bex and I made sure to warn everyone we saw that weekend, and we also sent out a few text messages to people that we thought might want to hear the message. The world ending is a really big deal, people!

Once I realized that I only have a few days left before I am taken up in The Rapture, I began to think about the things I am going to miss on this Earth, particularly things that I will not have the chance to see/experience before May 21, 2011. I decided to make a list, so here it is:

Hannah's List of Things I am Sad I Will Miss Because of the Rapture:

1. Bex's 24th birthday. Obviously this is very important! I mean, I guess it is nice that I will not have to purchase a birthday gift for her, but still very sad that we will not be ushering her into her mid-20s here on Earth.

2. Babies! My next trip out to San Diego is planned for July, which means I won't get to see Isaac and Ian**, aka the world's cutest babies, ever again. PLUS, May 21 is way before July 11, which means I won't get to witness the birth of my sister's first child!

3. Another Red Sox World Series win. This is clearly a real tragedy.

4. Living with Jessie and Allison. For those of you who don't know, Jessie is Bex's sister and Allison is their household sister. They are both super cool and I am supposed to move in with them in August but thanks to the stupid Rapture this will never happen.

5. Brown Babies! I am not supposed to go back to Ecuador until next year. This means no more holding beautiful, big-eyed, brown Ecuadorian babies, ever again! Gee thanks, Rapture!

6. Christmas. If I had known last year would be the last Christmas ever I totally would have done things a lot differently.

7. The capture of Osama bin Laden. I was really hoping this would happen in my lifetime. Oh wait, nevermind.

8. This blog becoming world famous. One of my life's goals was to have a world famous blog that even Taylor Swift would read, but unless she finds this in 11 days or less my dreams will never come true.

9. Seeing Bex again. Oh my gosh. Typing that has made this all too real. I am going to go cry in a corner now.

So, as you can see I am going to be missing out on a lot because on May 21, 2011, Jesus is going to carry me to Heaven in a spaceship. I will be updating my thoughts on this as the time gets closer.

H

*The Rapture is an entirely unbiblical concept and the We Can Know website is the biggest crock of shhh that I have seen in a long time.

**Proof of cuteness:






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments:

Post a Comment